Monday, 22 August 2011

MP #10, and Happy Birthday America!

I will remind to those of you who missed the first MP. Our abbreviation stands for Monday Post, which consists of two parts: 1) a set of quotes from a movie (generally, good or great); 2) a recommendation of a fellow film blog.

It is 4th July, and I want to congratulate the American friends with their Independence Day! To celebrate this holiday, let's recall a few lines from one of my most loved films, which is filled with American spirit, 'Forrest Gump' (1994).


Forrest Gump: Hello. My name's Forrest, Forrest Gump. You want a chocolate?

Forrest Gump: What's my destiny, Mama?
Mrs. Gump: You're gonna have to figure that out for yourself.

Forrest Gump: You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 'Cause I don't remember bein' born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world.

Jenny: Run, Forrest! Run!

Forrest Gump: Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.

Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.

Forrest Gump: Her dream had come true. She was a folk singer.

Mrs. Gump: You have to do the best with what God gave you.

Forrest Gump: They said it was a million dollar wound, but the army must keep that money 'cause I still haven't seen a nickel of that million dollars.

Forrest Gump: Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't.

Forrest Gump: I gotta find Bubba!

Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That? that's about it.

Jenny: Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far, far away from here.

Forrest Gump: I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is.

Forrest Gump: Lieutenant Dan, what are you doing here?
Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: I'm here to try out my sea legs.
Forrest Gump: But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.
Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Yes... yes, I know that. You wrote me a letter, you idiot!

Forrest Gump: Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running!

Forrest Gump: My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on.

Forrest Gump: My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Forrest Gump: I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time.

MONDAY RECOMMENDATION: Duke and the Movies, the site I started reading not a very long time ago, but I find its content and Sam's writing skills great.

Once again, Happy 4th July, and have a wonderful week!

Source: http://eternityofdream.blogspot.com/2011/07/mp-10-and-happy-birthday-america.html

Emmanuelle Vaugier Emmy Rossum Erica Leerhsen

No comments:

Post a Comment